Okay, so my wonderful husband keeps
hounding asking me to post something on his blog…something funny about the kids or my thoughts or whatever I fancy at the moment. Welp, I’ve got nothing really. I mean, I could post about my day, which seems to be uneventful at the moment (praise God!), but really, who wants to read that? So, basically here are my thoughts for the moment today:
1. When little boys snot gets crusted up on their noses, it’s oh so satisfying to get it off. You moms out there can relate, I’m sure.
2. I’m sort of excited to be moving for the plain fact that each of us will have our own bedroom–yippee!!! And also for the fact that I get to decorate and organize a new space. (My in-laws have generously and graciously offered for us to live in their upstairs for a year so that we can pay off bills and save money WHILE having our own rooms. 🙂
3. I will have to share a kitchen with another woman. Scary.
4. How can I get this dress I’m making to be perfectly fitted to myself if I’m moving around in it?
5. I absolutely adore my husband.
6. I sure hope heaven is around the 72 degree mark.
7. Been thinking about these 2 quotes for a week or so as I attempt to extinguish pride in my life. Today as I think of them, I am grieved at my arrogance and self-sufficiency…
“But this is the one to whom I will look: he who is humble and contrite in spirit and trembles at my word.“ Isaiah 66:2 (emphasis mine)
“The person who is humble is the one who draws Gods attention, and in this sense, drawing his attention means also attracting His grace-His unmerited kindness.” CJ Mahaney
“God cannot bear with seeing his glory appropriated by the creature in even the smallest degree, so intolerable to him is the sacrilegious arrogance of those who, by praising themselves, obscure his glory as far as they can.” John Calvin
8. I need to learn how to crochet.
9. I also need time to sew and knit all of the ideas in my head.
10. I will not have time to do any of these things until children stop coming out of me.
Yep, those are my random thoughts for the moment. I bet Eric won’t ask me to post again 🙂